View Single Post
Old July 21, 2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Herr Walther

The PP series was discontinued in Germany a decade or so ago. It's history.

It lives on via Smith & Wesson manufacturing the PPK and PPK/S. Before Smith & Wesson manufactured these two, Interarms in Gadsen, Alabama manufactured the PPK, PPK/S, and TPH. The PP is no longer manufactured anywhere. The German models while manufactured overseas, this series was manufactured in Manhurin, France near the German border. They were exported back to Ulm for polishing, blueing, roll marking, and assembly.

The PP Super was discontinued around 1978-79.

The P88 was discontinued in 1992.

The P5 has also been discontinued as the fulfillment of the contract with the Dutch has been completed. Just in time for the Dutch to select another 9mm to replace the P5.

The P99 was imported to the States in 1996, conceived and prototyped in 1994. I had #100237 I purchased in 1996, 1st variation. It arrived with factory 16 round Mec-Gar magazines and white outline rear sight.

After the P99 was designed I haven't paid too much attention to what Walther has produced. I don't really care too much what I've seen except the PPS.
"...a historian asked what had happened to the German people for them to accept a criminal government. Unfortunately, nothing needed to happen. In nations across the world people accept government crime."
-------------------------------------
"In democracies as well as dictatorships, subordinates illegally obey their rulers. Subordinates who remain true to their oaths of office by opposing their rulers are rare."

Page generated in 0.03424 seconds with 8 queries