View Single Post
Old September 1, 2011, 02:31 AM   #47
Bill Akins

Thanks Jo6pak, glad you appreciate the subject matter and history like I do.

In continuing this thread, I've got some harmonica rifle still pics never seen before until this thread. These "Mysterious Island (2005)" muzzleloading harmonica rifles are pertinent to this thread because I can see the concept capability of these PARTICULAR muzzleloading harmonica rifle's design being made semi-auto or full auto, and either being blowback, recoil or gas operated.

I scoured the internet intensely and was unable to find even just ONE picture of the harmonica rifles from the 2005 movie "Mysterious Island" (by Jules Verne). No still pics of them seem to exist online. So I downloaded the movie and studied/evaluated the rifles externally and visually and made some screen shots of them which I believe may be the only existing still pictures of them available online.

I've noticed some of my harmonica rifle pictures I've collected and uploaded at Webshots.com are being referenced by "External links, More pictures of a harmonica gun" at this Wikipedia link, which comes up at the top of any google search for "Harmonica rifles".....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonica_gun

Not sure who did that or if some search engine did it, but the good thing is that now that I've just added the "Mysterious Island (2005)" harmonica rifles to my same photo set at webshots.com, these only existing pics (to my knowledge and intense searching) of the "Mysterious Island (2005)" muzzleloading harmonica rifles will finally be available online at last and people won't have to download and screenshot the movie like I had to do.

First take a look at several more Jonathan Browning harmonica rifles as well as an underhammer harmonica rifle by an unknown maker and then we will compare them to the "Mysterious Island (2005)" harmonica rifles.

3 shot underhammer rifle.

3 shot underhammer rifle underside of receiver closeup.

Hand built copy of a Remington Style, Underhammer harmonica rifle. To my eyes, it appears that the front of the chambers are made to telescope into the breech ala the Nagant revolver. Forming although not a perfect gas seal, at least a better one than it would have had without it, and precluding lead and powder spitting at the harmonica block to breech junction. That alone would make it worthwhile even without a perfect gas seal.

Harmonica AIR gun. (Not pertinent to this particular thread, but I couldn't resist sharing it here as a rare curiosity.)

Jonathan Browning harmonica rifle action

Continued next thread due to six pics per post limit.....

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; September 1, 2011 at 03:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.03087 seconds with 8 queries