View Single Post
Old December 13, 2011, 08:25 PM   #4
MJN77

Quote:
To be honest, when I'm out afield, I usually carry an eight shot .357. I really have fun with my black powder guns, but I figure that if it comes right down to it and, God forbid, I actually need to save my life, I'm going to do it with the most reliable handgun I own.
As I stated, I carry C&B guns for "playing" in the woods. Hiking, scouting game trails, etc. While I would NOT feel undergunned if I had to defend myself with a C&B revolver, I like not having to fool around with percussion caps in a hairy situation. For everyday carry while checking on the cattle and such, I carry either an Auto Ordinance 1911A1 .45 acp, a Colt New Service or a 1917 S&W revolver, both in .45 colt, or one of my .45 colt or .44-40 Uberti revolvers, along with whatever rifle I bring with me. All of my revolvers have 5 1/2 -7 1/2 barrels. For concealed carry, I carry a 1911A1, M9 Baretta, Bulgarian Makarov, or a snubbie S&W .38 special, depending on where I am going. I love my C&Bs, but there is a reason they invented self contained cartridges.

Page generated in 0.02756 seconds with 8 queries