View Single Post
Old August 1, 2001, 11:32 PM   #6
Kaylee

Hello all.. I've gotten a couple more emails, and the 25th still seems about the only date so far without multiple people having.. strenuous.. conflicts, and even then we'll apparently be missing P99 and private_idaho.

SO... I suggest if this one goes well, we set up a second (or ever quarterly or so) meet and greet, so's we can include everybody. private_idaho has suggested a mailing list.. if everyone is game, I could go set up a yahoo groups thing or som'n. Opinions?

Anyhow, I've also been asked for directions to Black's Creek:
2420 E Kuna Mora Rd. (Boise)
342-9614

If you're coming from Boise, head East on the Interstate. Take exit 64, labeled Kuna.

Turn right onto Kuna-Mora road.

After a while, the road will cross a railroad track, and start to curve around to your right. Shortly, you will start to see folks shootin' on both sides of the road. That's the informal range Eric is talking about.

Now, someone correct me if I'm wrong here (I come in the other way, from Kuna) -- but I believe the first house you come to on the right marks the range. There used to be a big sign you couldn't miss, now it's been moved back away from the road.

Anyhow, if you pass a covered range setup on the right, you've gone too far. If you pass the shotgun club, you've gone even farther to far.

So.. at this house, you turn right off Kuna-Mora, pass the house by, and the road starts to descend a hill behind the house. At this point you'll see the range proper laid out below you. The first firing line you pass is pistol, the second rifle. There's also a Cowboy action setup down there, but I've never been there on a cowboy day. Shall we meet at the rifle section?

Finally, I don't know what the other TFLers look like (heck, might have sat beside ya and never known it), but this is me:
http://members.toast.net/kyleeki/

My real-world name is Jennifer, and I'm hard to miss (stand 6'). Heck, I'll bring a sign or som'n for us.

Hope to see y'all soon!

-K

Page generated in 0.02658 seconds with 8 queries