View Single Post
Old June 13, 2010, 09:39 PM   #9
Crunchy Frog

I bought a pair from Longhunter; he opened the forcing cones to 11 degrees, slicked up the works and installed spring kits. Many SASS shooters end up sending their guns away for modification; this saved me some shipping.

They were about $100 more than a pair of standard stainless New Model Vaqueros. If you like the lower Mondato-style hammers, I'd go with the SASS Edition, no question. You also get the wider rear sight channels on the SASS Edition guns (plus the matching serial numbers, special grips, etc.).

Some shooters like the higher standard spur for two handed shooting. I like the low hammers just fine.

Right now the SASS Edition guns come in one configuration: Stainless finish, .357 caliber, 4.75 inch barrel. I think that is a great setup for CAS but if you prefer blue steel, different chambering or a longer barrel, you have to go with the standard NMV.

Accuracy on my guns seems very good so far. They are spot on windage-wise. The loads I have tried (light bullets) have printed a little low. On paper targets I hold a bit high. In matches, well, have you seen the size of the targets we shoot in SASS matches?!

Overall I am very pleased with my SASS Edition New Vaqueros.

Page generated in 0.02171 seconds with 8 queries