View Single Post
Old October 31, 2013, 03:56 PM   #10
old roper

I use a bore guide most are Lucas then use Bore Tech coated rod with bronze brush in whatever cal cleaning and I use GM top engine cleaner mix with Kroil.

When I run a patch I use a Dewey coated rod with a jag for what cal I'm cleaning and I run one patch with the above mix before using a brush. 3/4 pass with brush then I run one patch then I'll run one more normally my barrel is pretty clean.

For Copper I use Sweet's and I have one of Sinclair kits for chamber mop and cleaning the lugs and I do that every time I clean and I grease the lugs then.

I have set of Rods for every caliber and stored in Sinclair double rod cases. I get my brush from Bruno couple dozen for each cal and Patches are per cal and since jags are fitted I can use same for 3 calibers.

I make sure bore is tip down so I get nothing running back toward the action and I do put scope cover on so nothing come back since most of my cleaning is at the range.

I clean my brush with choke cleaner and they make 4/5 range trips then there replaced may be sooner.
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.02987 seconds with 8 queries