Thread: .357sig
View Single Post
Old March 9, 2013, 06:55 PM   #20
AH.74

Quote:
If you want to scour the internet for cases go for it, because I certainly wont. I don't need to do so to know that the .357sig, which was made to mimic the .357 magnum, is prone to overpenetration compared to say a 9mm or .45acp. Higher pressure rounds, that reach higher velocities, penetrate deeper and further than a lower pressure round at lower velocities.
It doesn't work that way. You made a claim. I asked you to support it. Now you say you won't. It's because you can't- I have never seen a verified, actual account of an overpenetration with the .357 Sig round. I always ask that question when people bring it up, and no one can ever support the claim.

Quote:
Nope I meant the agency. You would like to think they know what they are doing but it's not always the case. The example I used about the FBI choosing the 10mm for their issued round was a total flop. Because of it they developed the .40. The FBI are supposed to have the highest of expertise at their fingertips. What makes the United States Air Marshalls any better?
If you meant the agency your sentence wasn't written clearly.

From what I understand the FBI did not properly take into account the women agent factor. That does not mean the entire thing was a "flop."

There is no evidence to support your claim that the round is a bad choice. Do you have any idea of the criteria for the choice? There's probably more to it than we know, and I am sure they had more good reasons to choose it over anything else they could have.

Page generated in 0.03756 seconds with 8 queries