View Single Post
Old March 2, 2006, 07:37 PM   #6
RsqVet

Doug --

go to your nearest Marine recruting station, the nice man there will put you in contact with a man who will show you how it is possible to run, jump and do whatever needs to be done while packing a very large load. Plus they will give you 3 meals a day, a nice rifle and enough to do that you will not sit around asking questions such as this.

Have you ever hefted the avarage patrol belt? --- that's a lot of weight and bulk as well.

I understand running but what percentage of civilans do you think ever have to jump or roll?

While I do wonder at some of the posters here who walk the streets with lots of gear, it is possible to do do so and yes to run, jump, crawl and lay down -- and if you have to you will not be thinking about your comfort --- I used to be a firefighter and after a few bad events I started carrying a lot more emergency egress gear in my various bunker pockets -- now I will tell you sometimes after a fire I had bruises or sore spots from the crap I had in my pockets while I was in humping hose and crawling around in the much, but I'd be dammed if I can remember how or where I got them or if I felt anything at the time.

Seriously man do you have nothing better to ask?

Page generated in 0.02105 seconds with 8 queries