View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 11:16 AM   #46
TheRaskalKing

I got my CCW back in february, but didn't have the funds for a carry gun for a long time. This weekend I picked up a USP compact in 9mm, and am shopping for holsters for it currently. I've never been an EDC-er, but I have been shooting actively for the past year or so. So my habits and lifestyle have both changed, and still are changing as I am starting to EDC, but not necessarily as a result of recent events. Just this weekend in my very quiet, suburban hometown, A local farmer was robbed and shot while selling corn on the side of the main highway in town. It's absolutely a reminder to constantly be prepared and aware, but it doesn't make me want to run and hide. It confirms my decision to carry, and yes, does make me feel a little more urgency to buy a holster and start, but doesn't make me paranoid.

I really like what was said earlier about situational awareness vs. paranoia. The former is a lifestyle and a mindset, the latter is fear.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power,and of love, and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7

Page generated in 0.03473 seconds with 8 queries