View Single Post
Old July 30, 2008, 07:40 PM   #24
straight-shooter

I too had nothing but closed top BP guns before getting this Dragoon. At 24 rounds I opted to tap the wedge out with a handle of a screwdriver. Two taps and it was out. Then you just lower the lever and press against the cylinder with the lever and the barrel comes off. Finally just pull the cylinder off. All can be done in about 15 seconds. I done a minor wipe down of the cylinder and barrel and reassembled again in about 15 seconds.

Honestly I never once noticed the action or cylinder getting tight at any point. I just disassembled it once to get the lube from the lube wads I used off of the cylinder and barrel.

Only thing you have to watch is when you tap the wedge back in that you don't tap it in too far or the cylinder will bind. You do it once or twice and you can eyeball where the wedge needs to be.

Side Note: A person on another forum said I need to deepen the grove in the lever catch with a hacksaw and all will be good. No more lever drop. He done this on his and he said it works great. He said nothing more than a couple of strokes with the blade is all.

Page generated in 0.02668 seconds with 8 queries