View Single Post
Old June 11, 2013, 02:02 AM   #1
alaskabushman

I finally have an AR.....7

So I picked up an AR-7 from back when it was made by Survival Arms Inc. I got it for $50, and since it was cheap and something I've always thought about owning I nabbed it. I didnt like how the floating stock made it look, kinda fat and chunky. I purchased a pistol grip stock from AR-7.com and that helped. It still had an ugly silver finish that was flaking off, so I brushed and sanded most of the old finish off and spray painted the gun with stove/grill paint (its high heat and dries hard, plus it was on hand ), now it looks pretty cool. However, it does not like cycling standard velocity .22 LR ammo. I ran a magazine of CCI Stingers through it just to see and they worked flawless. Round nose Blazers or American eagle are problematic. Stovepipes happen frequently, and often it will eject the spent case and slam a fresh one into the chamber but didnt cock the gun. So my question is this, can I cut a few coils off the spring to provide less resistance to the bolt during firing? It seems that the spring is too strong, often preventing a spent case from ejecting or not cocking the hammer. Thoughts? Any love (or hate) for the AR-7 out there? Pictures of your builds?

Last edited by alaskabushman; June 12, 2013 at 04:26 PM.

Page generated in 0.03000 seconds with 8 queries