View Single Post
Old October 27, 2011, 11:26 PM   #34
Micropterus

First, my post clearly stated "Notwithstanding a dispute over the ownership of property..." Your final sentence was unnecessary and simply restates my own assertion.

Second, you stated there "NO law requires that US currency be accepted by either any governmental or private entity." "Currency" is not just cash. "Currency" is simply a medium of exchange by which individuals can transfer "value." Currency, in modern parlance, can be cash. But it can also be checks, debit cards, wire transactions, gold bars, etc. For instance, a check for $10 is just as valid a form of "currency" as a $10 dollar bill.

If you intended to say, "NO law requires that CASH be accepted by either any governmental or private entity," you would be correct. Otherwise, your statement is wrong. Debt (and fees and whatnot are debt) is ALWAYS denominated in currency. And in the US, it will be denominated in US currency.

And forgive my "example" wherein I referred to the denomination of debt in civil court cases. It was, after all, an example in this thread that went off on a tangent early on, perpetuated, in part, by yourself.

Page generated in 0.03630 seconds with 8 queries