View Single Post
Old June 18, 2001, 05:18 PM   #7
Vern Brink

Only once. Suicidal subject on crystal meth. He had already cut his wrists, but was still pretty amped up. The (old) batteries began to fail on the second 5 second cycle. He was able and willing to fight after each cycle ended. He was completely incapacitated during. I wonder if the NiMh would have made a difference.

I think it will depend on the mindset of the subject. With all of the deployments the subjects were extremely compliant, especially after two 5 sec cycles. We recently put two sets of probes into a 6'9" 350 lb subject. He was exhausted afterwards and completely cooperative. I've found that most people will immediately do what you tell them to if they are physically able to. In post deployment interviews all they wanted was not to get juiced again.

Couple things - I don't know how different the M18 "feels" compared to an M26. I suspect they both work well. What you do after a deployment is going to depend on a lot of factors. I believe you only have the 15 foot cartridge? You are going to be fairly close. What are your options? Are you armed? With family? Can you safely escape? If you need to deliver an additional cycle, by all means do so. You'll be good for about 60 I think w/the good batteries Seriously though, if you are still at risk or cannot gain compliance, hit it again. Carry a spare cartridge. They have a battery floorplate that you can snap one on to. Bottom line - I "think" two cycle's (10 sec) would be more than enough.

Page generated in 0.02434 seconds with 8 queries