View Single Post
Old October 9, 2007, 01:05 AM   #8
sholling

Sorry in advance for the long winded reply but I felt that the poster's concerns deserved a full and complete reply.

Quote:
Take it easy guy. I see your point and I'll raise you that all the guns you mention are now top notch, but lets give the cautious there dues:
I think I took a cautious tack as well when I said there have been teething problems. The difference is that I think that problems get solved. We aren't talking about $100 Jennings throwaway specials. Companies charging $700-900 try to address problems so they can stay in business. At least that's what they tought us in business school.

Quote:
1st: Kahr ain't Colt or S&W and has NOWHERE near the history to simply write off the current list of rather large problems.
What large list of current problems? I see two and three year old reports that joe blow had a frame crack... It's not possible that a manufacturer would have eventually addressed such problems if they were happening? Beretta was getting cracks in a very few early 92s? Do we write off Beretta forever? That's an issue that's easily solved. As we learned with early 1911s feeding problems are a delicate balance and individual examples may need a bit of adjustment.

Quote:
Next: If this guy spent time trolling around this and other forums I'd be willing to bet he found more "my kahr sucks" threads than "my kahrs 100%" threads.
No doubt, no doubt at all. There are (with the exception of Glockophiles) more people are willing to take the time to complain than praise. It's just human nature. Look at all the 99.999% BS that got slung about Kimbers. Somebody's father's cousin's friend's aunt's grandkid heard that all the little pieces turn to dust every third full moon and it gets repeated over and over on forums as gospel. And speaking of Glockophiles, if we took their statements to heart we'd all believe that no 1911 has ever fired two shots in a row without dissolving into a pile of rust.

Quote:
You seem to have had a good experience with kahr, thats great.
Actually I admitted up front that mine had to go into the shop. It works fine now. My last Camero blew a differential at six months old. I didn't sell it and buy a Ford. I got it fixed and drove it another 10 years. The point I was making is yes it's bleeding edge technology, but Kahr stands behind their products and any issues can be worked through, just like with any fairly new product. Now if somebody has repeated problems and Kahr doesn't solve them then they have a legit gripe. But only if they handled it like an adult. If you call and cuss out customer service, anybodies customer service - you won't like the result. Trust me, I've done customer service. Talk to us as nice as we talk to you and stuff gets done. Get surly and your product will sit for 3 months and then be returned untouched.

What does offend me, and I'm not pointing to anybody at all in this thread. But what does offend me is the percentage of Kahr hate stories on the Internet that are driven by nothing more than religious bigotry. It adds a huge grain of salt to what I read.

Quote:
You also seem to take offense to this guy not wanting to spend near $700 on a ccw gun that by all rights has a 50/50 rep right now, and thats not good.
Actually I'm not in the slightest bit offended just amused. I don't care what people buy. I own zero Kahr stock (do they sell stock?). I even think that I said "The Kahr PM series I would only recommend to someone that really needs serious firepower in the smallest possible package." I just felt that some of the acid comments were at best unfair and some of the criticism a bit overblown or at the least a bit dated. I'm also amused because that 50/50 rep probably translates into 99.9/.1 real world experiences. Squeaky wheels always make more noise than well oiled ones.

What apparently got lost was my tongue being planted firmly in cheek as I framed each reply. I guess that didn't come through. That's why I took the time and space to go into detail here. I'm too old and have been around the Internet way too long to let anything said in a forum do much more than amuse and educate me. Heck maybe my Kahr will fall apart and I'll be back to join the complainers.

Page generated in 0.02672 seconds with 8 queries