View Single Post
Old September 22, 2011, 08:59 AM   #15
rclark

Personal choice.

That said, I like my SAs. All I shoot for the most part. What I carry in the hills, fishing, camp gun. Even house gun (although I admit my .44Spec Bulldog is currently handling that chore). As I am not a soldier or LEO, I don't see the need for a DA or bottom feeder. A simple SA revolver meets my needs perfectly. I enjoy thumbing in the rounds one by one, and then pushing them out the same way.

I would certainly choose Ruger for the coil springs over a Colt ( or clone ) if I could only have one (impossible!) . Also made in USA and is affordable. Win win. A adjustable sight BH .45 Colt would be my choice (big and slow, load light to hot)... but one also needs a .22 as well.... So the 'one' SA scenario is 'impossible' with me .
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Page generated in 0.02738 seconds with 8 queries