View Single Post
Old August 29, 2009, 06:34 AM   #6
jdavis6576

Of those listed, I'd go with the M&P. I've never shot the Taurus but I have shot the XD and I just recently sold the M&P.

To me, the XD had more recoil than the M&P (I shot them side by side as my nephew owned the XD). Also, the XD didn't feel as balanced in MY hand. The M&P is a great shooter and manages recoil extremely well for a compact. The triggers can be somewhat spongy out of the box but they smooth up after about 500 rounds. The only reason I sold my M&P40c is because I have a 9c and a 45c so I decided to get a M&P 40 full size.

Most importantly, find a range that rents them. Shouldn't be too hard for the XD and the M&P, the Taurus may be a little harder to find at a range. Go shoot them, a lot. Don't just put one box of ammo through all three guns but actually shoot them. Then, get what you shoot the best. After that, practice. There's a special joy that comes with being able to out shoot the mall ninja in the lane beside you with the $$$$ gun that is advertised the most in the gun rags...

Page generated in 0.02737 seconds with 8 queries