View Single Post
Old December 10, 2012, 10:38 PM   #2
KevK.

Hi, welcome to the CZ82 world.. lol

The Safety does not engage when the hammer is down. Only cocked and locked. There are a number of SA/DA pistols with a manual exterior safety that work that way.

The mag releases are rough. You can take apart the assembly for the spring and clean/lube the heck out of it. If you don't feel confident doing that, you can just add a bit more lube to it and see if that helps. It's not a problem with all CZ82s, but mine was a bear to deal with. I stripped down mag release and cleaned some gunk out of it. It helped, but still took some getting used to. If you feel confident I'll dig out a link or two breaking down the procedure to take the gun down that far.

Holsters are a bit harder to find. Some that fit the CZ83 will also fit the 82. For range carry I use the CZ82 surplus police holster. I live in THE non-CCW state, but I know a few guys who use a Remora for CCW carry.

I'm not 100% sure about duracoat, most of the ones I've seen have been cerekoted. They do look great and will look like a brand new firearm. I've seen a number that have been redone. With most of them being surplus they do have some wear and the original finish is just paint.

Page generated in 0.03382 seconds with 8 queries