View Single Post
Old November 9, 2009, 09:43 AM   #1
JKump

Best hunting trip. (a little long)

Friday (11-6-09), I took my 8 year old Daughter hunting with me. She has been dying to go. I get out to the food plot a little before 5pm and set up a ground blind in some tall grass. Time started to crawl by. Like most 8 year old girls the chattering never stopped. Around 5:40 pm, I handed her my cell phone to look at the pictures. About half way through the pics, of course, a nice Doe comes walking across the food plot. I pointed out the Doe and I can see the excitement on her face. I raised my rifle and she put her finger in her ears, bang, we had a nice Doe on the ground. She was ready to bust out of the blind to go see the deer. The deer was shot at 61 paces (65 of her paces, I have been told). We loaded her up and took her to the processor.
Now the next day, she bounced out of bed at 5:15 am to go hunting again, I sent her back to bed telling her it is to cold for her. That evening we went to another farm and set up the blind again. This time at o dark thirty (5:50 or so) we had another Doe come out not 15 feet away. This time I woke her up (she was resting her eyes), and pointed out another deer. As I aimed at this one , it turned away and all I could see was it's rear end, however, a second deer came out and it turned, then the third came out broad side, I cocked the hammer was about to fire and my daughter unzipped the side window on the blind. The deer was gone. She got the "grumpy" daddy look. But she was still happy to see the deer. We are now joking about the "White tails" that we saw. One of the BEST hunting trips ever.

"Everyone has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth".

Page generated in 0.03265 seconds with 8 queries