View Single Post
Old April 20, 2013, 08:00 AM   #16
cryogenic419

I have a ultrasonic and couldn't be happier. I use it for more than brass otherwise I probably would have gone for the SS pins route. It does quite well on brass, AR bolts, mag bodies, various reloading tools. When I got mine all that were available (at Cabelas) were the smaller sized ones and the Hornady Magnum which happened to be on sale for an amazing good price. I really wasn't there to get that and had really only been kicking around the ultrasonic idea, but the price made me pull the trigger and have not looked back. There are a lot of different brands out there at different price points, some you find at gun places are just relabeled ones that you can find at Harbor Freight for less.

Some folks will dry their brass on a cookie sheet in the oven or in socks in the dryer. I put my brass in a metal strainer and use a heat gun and shake the brass around occasionally, takes me less than 5 minutes.

To get the full benefits on going ultrasonic for brass be aware you will need to decap the brass before they going into the water.

Page generated in 0.03390 seconds with 8 queries