View Single Post
Old March 14, 2005, 06:20 PM   #1
Zak Smith

Monthly Sporting Rifle match, NRAWC, Raton NM

Monthly Precision Rifle Field Match in RATON

http://demigod.org/srm

Quote:
OVERVIEW

The "Sporting Rifle Match" at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton NM is designed to test a rifleman's skills shooting small targets from approximately 175 to 700 yards in the natural terrain, with what he can carry throughout the course.

Typical equipment used includes: a rifle capable of 1 MOA accuracy; rifle optics allowing precise hold-over for small targets from 175 - 700 yards; binoculars to spot for other shooters; and a backpack to carry water, ammunition, and a couple power bars.

The typical format is 10 stages over a 2 mile distance. Each stage typically has 6 targets to be engaged with only one shot each. Score for the match is total number of hits.

SCHEDULE
The shooters' meeting is at 7:30AM. Do not be late.

Match cancellations will be announced on the web page ASAP before the match, ideally by Friday morning, but it could be as late as Saturday afternoon for a last-minute emergency.

2005 SCHEDULE
First Sunday of every month, January - September, except July which is TBD.

* Sunday January 2nd
* Sunday February 6th CANCELED DUE TO 18" SNOW
* Sunday March 6th
* Sunday April 3rd
* Sunday May 1st
* Sunday June 5th
* JULY - TBD
* Sunday August 7th
* Sunday September 4th
The rest of the important details including match cancellation information and the rules is on the web page: http://demigod.org/srm

Mike Kolar is the Match Director, and I'm the PR/Web Lackey. I can answer your questions here, you can email me ( [email protected] ) or my phone number is listed on the web page.

Hope to see you there.

Page generated in 0.03771 seconds with 8 queries