View Single Post
Old October 10, 2013, 08:23 AM   #68
Rogervzv

I have a 6" Ruger GP100 and the 4" S&W 686+ ... both are great guns and you are not going to go wrong with either. Personally I would give the slightest of edges to the Ruger for the following reasons:

1. The Ruger is built just as well and is about $100 cheaper.
2. The Ruger trigger is actually better on DA although I'll give the edge to the Smith on SA.
3. The Ruger allows the user to easily swap out the front sight.
4. Ruger just seems to have gotten everything exactly right with current production GP100s. These are beautiful guns. When my wife wanted her own handgun, we chose the GP100 6" for her as well.

The 686+ is a fabulous revolver. Nothing above is meant in any way to criticize the Smith. Smith triggers tend to mellow with use and my 686+ is doing that.

I would go with the Stainless over Blued, but that is such an individual choice that no right or wrong decision can be made. Blued shore is purty. The Stainless is easier to restore to "gunstore cleanliness" since you can see any carbon residue.

Page generated in 0.03636 seconds with 8 queries