Thread: NRA
View Single Post
Old January 21, 2010, 04:08 PM   #8
1911rocks

NRA Heartbun

I've been an NRA Life Member since 1979. Yes, I'm one that has heartburn regarding the 1986 NFA modification. The publications from the NRA stated time and time again that the NRA would work exhaustively to repeal this legislation. 24yrs later and we still have it!! Yes and the 1989 Import ban was another "we'll continue to work on it" item. If it's a compromise, it's a compromise. Just say so. Let people know where you stand. If you're working exhaustively...keep working!! Would I join the NRA again knowing what I know now? I'm conflicted about this. Based on previous "big ticket item" performance no. I have more faith in the electorate at the polls. To this end the NRA works hard at getting people to the polls. This may be their strong suit. The issue is it's difficult for the NRA to mobilize some demographic groups. It's a tough sell to try to mobilize a group of Gun Owners when they also happen to be rank and file Union members being urged to vote for candidates that are Pro-union and many times are Anti-gun. It's a good time for an NRA alternative.

Page generated in 0.03602 seconds with 8 queries