View Single Post
Old May 22, 2005, 12:21 AM   #13
RsqVet

Hi --

Since you are friends with a few guys heaidng over there a few things to think about...

AR choice --- I'll leave that to those who know better than I, however take an extra set of pins / springs/ small parts. If yours don't break someone elses might.

Handgun --- Take a Glock 21 and 30, extra mags, few extra parts and take down punch. Given the weight, parts interchangability, reliability and mag interchange issues I think Glock has an edge over others. Even if you chose a diffirent pistol as primary having a G30 that can be hidden elsewhere or always on would be a plus.

Body armor --- You don't say what the mission is, however 2 might be a better idea, the most mobile level 3 you can find and then a level 4 for when you are less mobile or a sitting duck. Honestly I don't know what the limits on baggage are in what you mention but there are enough places you can buy lexan or other ballistic sheets that I would look into taking some reasonable sized pices of that as well --- At liest a piece to sit on, one for the door, one for your back and a piece to put on the floor of a vehicle.

I would also take at minimum some extended first aid stuff --- look in the tactical paramedic or military medic manual for recomendations regarding wound dressings, fluids, IV's etc, and there are some things that are outside the supply chanels (Oxyglobin) as well that I would try and get if I could. Learning the basics of how to use this stuff and seeing that others do as well will go a long way --- you don't have to be a medic but a few basic skills and knowlage will go a long way. See fi your locla fire / rescue folks can / will set you up or give a little training / info / practice.

Good fixed blade knife and folder (Chris Reeve would be my pick) +/- leather man and hide away knife.

A small locator becon as well.

Page generated in 0.02129 seconds with 8 queries