View Single Post
Old August 13, 2011, 10:02 PM   #1
zachkuby87

ar 15 for whitetail...

First off this isnt a thread asking if i should or should not use .223 for deer because im going to ive made up my mind. what im looking for are suggestions on parts lowers uppers barrels sites the whole 9 yards. i plan on building said rifle from the ground up myself. ive already gotten a hold of a local gunsmith that has a nice collection of ar 15's and knows them well and hes going to go through the finished product and make sure everything is put together correctly and functioning properly before i shoot it. now where i hunt there are very few shots taken at over 50-60 yards thats why im confident in the .223 being able to do its job i should be able to take very accurate shots at such a short distance. now for the ar. so say you were going to build a rifle for hunting what parts would you use? i would like to keep around 800-900 dollars but im willing to spend more if needed as im buying parts one at a time i wont be ordering everything and putting it all together at once i have until november to finish it so no huge rush. so to you ar guru's what parts do i need to make an accurate reliable deer rifle? websites and links to specific parts would be awesome. thanks ahead of time

Page generated in 0.02431 seconds with 8 queries