View Single Post
Old December 3, 2007, 01:23 PM   #16
ISC

another picture. The rifle handled and shot really well when I was done with it, but I put way too much work into it. I never should have sold it.

This picture shows how I removed the pistol grip portion of the SKS stockand then installed the AK pistol grip in the SKS stock mag opening, to the rear of the VZ 52 receiver. That effectively added about 1 1/2 inch to the the buttstock.

I attached the pistol grip by cutting the head off the 6mm bolt that held the VZ receiver locking lug in place. I then threaded the 6mm headless bolt with a 1/4-20 die and screwed it into a coupling. I screwed the other end onto a 1/4 -20 bolt that I inserted through the AK grip. This securely sandwiched the SKS stock between the locking lug and pistol grip.

I had to make another small filler block on top of the stock behind the receiver to fill the void created by moving the reciever forward. All the wood pieces were joined with marine epoxy and then small brass machine bolts were crFinally, I screwed into predilled holes and their heads were cut off.

Finally I stained it and put on about 5 coats of boiled linseed oil. I had to wait several days between each coat so it would dry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vz52-3 small.jpg (109.0 KB, 231 views)

Last edited by ISC; December 3, 2007 at 02:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.02361 seconds with 9 queries