View Single Post
Old December 7, 2011, 06:26 PM   #11
Fishing_Cabin

I just finished going through Mr Gura brief and Mr Embody's deposition.

Even more so now, I tend to feel that Mr Embody was being trying to provoke his own arrest, for some strange showboat type ideals. In his deposition he goes on to say on page 51 and 52, how things posted under his username(s) may or may not have been wrote or edited by him. He seems, to me at least, to be paranoid of everyone.

It seems also, that in this, and other cases Mr Gura is level headed and out to protect, as well as enhance our 2nd ammendment rights. In his brief, he states, "Plaintiff’s intentionally provocative conduct in no way represents the manner in which millions of Americans responsibly and effectively exercise their right to bear arms every day. Plaintiff should be grateful for what he conceded was the police’s calm, courteous and respectful professionalism in dealing with his behavior. Plaintiff might well have posed a threat to others at Radnor Lake State Park. But his ill-advised, if not actually frivolous litigation proved conclusively to jeopardize the security of Second Amendment rights," in the introduction, page 3.

Throughout the brief Mr Gura seems, again to me at least, that Mr Embody was not acting in a normal way, which would/should be protected under the 2nd ammendment. Mr Gura even quotes My Embody stating, "I can’t wait for a cop to arrest me because I open-carried a handgun and someone called 9-1-1. It almost happened twice but no cigar yet. Maybe carrying a PLR-16 or AK pistol will change that." Page 28

I dont see where Mr Embody can win in this case. He seems to be his own worse enemy. It seems like if nothing had happened at the park, he would have kept uping the likelyhood to force the police to respond.

Page generated in 0.03742 seconds with 8 queries