View Single Post
Old May 30, 2004, 09:04 PM   #15
croyance

Every death in the United States is counted as a homicide unless ruled otherwise. This alone raises the suicide rate.
In some European countries, a death is counted as a homicide only if a person is found guilty of murder. Guilty by reason of insanity does not count. Plea bargins do not count. You can just imagine the pressure on DA's to plea bargin in the year before an election. See, the homicide rate dropped while I was in office. So did the rate of violent crime.
You can juggle numbers a lot.

Firearm death rate is very specific. Do guns really cause suicide? How about the other murders? Other causes of death? Do people in other countries think "Oh, I can't get a gun. I guess I won't kill Johann today."? Or do they find other ways?
Quote:
Here’s a question. Why are we only concerned about the firearm deaths in “developed countries”? Are human lives now less valuable in the “third world”?
Many Third World countries have rebellions of some sort going on. Many who don't are actively repressing and terrorizing their citizens. Many lack a generally accurate count of the population to begin with.

Page generated in 0.02415 seconds with 8 queries