View Single Post
Old August 19, 2013, 05:16 AM   #13
kln4

"Is he still teaching? Where? I found no listing on Google for shooting classes by a Ron Corrdell."

Last I heard Ron's teaching private security classes, that was about a year ago. I think Ron and Bob Coffman, (both retired CPD officers) are getting into the private security training instead of CCW training. I guess it's more money.

"That doesn't sound very good. When we've done night shooting at Gunsite, we learned how to effective use our flashlights to (1) identify the target; and (2) hit it."

His objective wasn't not to use them but to use them sparingly. The longer you have that light on the more you become a target. It made sense to me anyway.

"That doesn't sound like a great idea. First, one should never be shooting at a target he can't identify. Second, the idea is to hit the target."

I think that was exactly what he was showing us not to do. With the flashlight in one hand and the gun in the other he had us light up the target for a couple of seconds at the same time acquire the target and fire two rounds at 10 ft. After he turned on the range lights everyone had hits in the target. Trying to manipulate a flashlight, a loaded gun, and acquire the target is not a simple task and requires skill and practice, it's not something a civilian does routinely. He told us the training academy want's their officers to keep it under 5 seconds.

Page generated in 0.03581 seconds with 8 queries