View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 11:40 AM   #11
Slamfire

Quote:
I still have some of the 1939 made 7.35 Carcano ammo that goes bang. Importers are still find batches of 8x57 that dates around WWII that goes bang. Conversely, I purchased some of the Iranian 8mm from the 60s that hangfires or FTF.
I have a shooting bud that is a machine gunner. These guys burn through more ammunition in a week than a competitive shooter will shoot in a lifetime. I was telling him what I had learned about old ammunition, that it does not get better with age, has a shelf life, and that old ammunition will blow up small arms. He said that explained the two top cover explosions he had with 50's Yugo 8mm. Two rounds of sixty year old ammunition blew up in his machine gun.

Importers are still selling old ammunition to people but they won't warrant the stuff . They will give you a song and dance about how “bright” and "sure fire" the stuff, but once they get your money but they won't replace your firearm, head or hand if the ammunition blows up in your gun.

Anyone remember the story about Jack selling his cow for magic beans? All it takes is a good story and lack of knowledge on the subject for someone to part with their money.

If you are shooting 8mm which hangfires don't be surprised to find one day, pieces of wood and metal all about you after a hangfire blows up your gun.

Page generated in 0.03402 seconds with 8 queries