View Single Post
Old January 7, 2013, 04:53 PM   #7
HarrySchell

I endorse the idea of unity, but I suspect the current crop of anti's may not have any idea what Thermopylae means, and take this saying as some kind of confirmation about how "weird" we are.

A succinct letter about the roots of 2A, its relationship to the human right of self-defense and pointing out that since the average criminal no longer uses muskets, citizens should not be limited to them might have more impact.

I think a demand that they address the fiscal mess or other bigger issues before is also a good point. Pols need to be reminded about getting back to basics rather than riding the latest emotional hobby horse.

In some cases, nothing will change the mind. A Carolyn McCarthy cannot be dissuaded. Letters opposing her views will not change her but serve to warn her she faces opposition, people she cannot write off as "crazy" history buffs.

Any attempt to confiscate weapons at any level runs grave risk of bloodshed, after the Katrina fiasco and with government as nakedly incompetent and grasping as it is these days. My non-statistical sample in a line at a gun show Saturday indicates "Molon Labe" is a widely, strongly-held attitude, if expressed in a lot of different ways.

Even remotely connected pols are likely, once they settle down and stop emoting, probably don't need a threat, however veiled, to see the coming tragedy of confiscation. I hope.

We need to make noise, for sure. The more reasoned, the better, IMO.

Page generated in 0.03398 seconds with 8 queries