View Single Post
Old November 5, 2005, 12:01 AM   #1
SixDemonBag

What To Do When Someone has Your House Key

Long story short someone ripped a lock box off the cement wall outside my building and stole the master key for every unit/door in the building. They're not going to be able to replace my lock until Tuesday. I suspect it to be someone who knows what's inside some of these lofts, perhaps the window washing guys who have clear view into every unit while they work.

I now have a situation on my hands. There are only two entrances to my unit, one upstairs near the washer/dyer/gun safe and one downstairs. My girlfriend is scared now because the element of surprise is working against us. I have no doubt the person(s) who destroyed a steel lock box fixed to a cement wall in the well lit main enterance w/ security cameras is braisen enough to enter a persons home. The building is a very nice building....all yuppie types who have a bit of change in their pockets, which is why I believe such effort was put into getting the master key.

Now, I have some ideas for taking away the element of surprise by rigging the doors with noise devices of some sort, but no real solid plan of attack.

Suggestions?

Page generated in 0.03979 seconds with 8 queries