View Single Post
Old April 6, 2013, 11:52 AM   #13
AK103K

99% of what I shoot out of my Glocks (all 9mm's), are my own reloads. I have yet to have any troubles, other than some intermittent ejection issues as the brass is nearing the end of its life.

I constantly cycle through one lot of brass and load it to failure, which so far, works out to be around 30 reloads or so before its done. The two issues Ive seen, are the case rims get chewed up over time from constant extraction, and the case mouths split during resizing. Thats it.

As far as the guns, my one 17 passed 50000 rounds back around Christmas, and my one 26, somewhere around 22000 rounds, in the three and a half to four years or so Ive been keeping a track on them. I change the RSA's twice a year on both, and have replaced the extractor and its associated parts twice now on the 17. Other than that, and an occasional stipple refesh, nothing else has been needed.

Youre best bet is to start reloading yourself. It easy to do, and right now, its still costing me about $6 a box of 50 to shoot (Im still using on hand, pre insanity, paid for components). That will jump us somewhat here from what Im seeing things starting to cost, but its still a lot cheaper than buying, even by the case. 1000 rounds of 124 grain fmj's costs me about $130, or 100 Euros to load. Before the last scare, it was closer to $70/1000, hopefully, people calm down before prices double again.

Page generated in 0.02555 seconds with 8 queries