View Single Post
Old December 9, 2010, 01:43 PM   #26
pichon

Quote:
I don't know how often safeties break in a self-defense situation, but I snapped one off of one of my 1911s putting it back together the other day. Stupid ambi safety abomination. I always hated it anyway, so it's gone and I replaced it with a simple safety as God and JMB himself hath decreed.

I can say that in force-on-force training it is not at all uncommon for shooters under stress to draw a gun with a safety lever and, despite being accomplished and experienced shooters, find that they are pressing a trigger that won't go bang because they neglected the safety.

I'm a caveman. I want one switch, and only one switch, to make the thing go bang. This is after a full evolution from Glock-->1911-->Glock as my EDC.
Quote:
Forgetting to put off the safety is the result of bad or no training. Blaming the weapon for an inability to use it is just ridiculous.

A thumb safety is there for a reason, in a tactical sense, in case of a disarm you will wish you had one when your own weapon is pointing at you. Dont think anyone is immune to a disarm.

That is one of the many reasons i love the Browning High Power. I keep the mag safety intact for that very reason.

I can see that in a general sense being a concern, however in this case it is a moot argument. There is no safety on the P-01, just a decocker. It simply drops the hammer to half-cock, and changes SA to DA. All you have to do in any situation with the P-01 is pull the trigger to go bang. The only difference is how hard you have to pull.

Page generated in 0.03517 seconds with 8 queries