View Single Post
Old September 7, 2011, 11:15 AM   #8
C0untZer0

^ I think it can be done via legislation, but it will have to be with a new Governor.

I think it's possible to get a pro-gun governor, just because the state is broke and any party is preferred to the party in office right now.

Illinois credit rating is like one of the bottom ten. If I remember right, we're just slightly ahead of California with our horrible credit rating.

The courts won't outline the laws, rules and regulations for carry in Illinois - best case scenario they'll just say that the current law is unconstitutional. That may prompt lawmakers to craft a decent carry law, it may take the wind out of the anti-gunner's sails and they'll just concede that some kind of carry law is inevitable. It looks like judicial remedies will happen before we vote in the gubernatorial race.

I don't like the proposal Sue Rezin is hinting at. A patchwork quilt of carry/can't carry areas in Illinois is a recipie for disaster. I'm afraid of it actually... it sounds like a way to land in jail if you're not completely aware f what town you're in and their laws governing carrying.

Page generated in 0.02401 seconds with 8 queries