View Single Post
Old April 12, 1999, 09:37 PM   #4
cmac65

Thanks for the information so far. I not as concerned about the 'real-life' scenerio at the moment as that probably wouldn't even require more than 2 or 3 shots. I am trying to learn a tactical reload for when the IDPA stage calls for that. If I'm shooting to 'slide lock' or they don't dictate which type of mag. change to do, then dropping the empty mag. on the ground is the way to go. I am trying to get into the habit of "Not" dropping a mag. however because if it had any ammo. in it at all and it hit the ground and I left it there I would get a procedural error. I can already do a mag. change with retention pretty fast because that is what I started practicing. Again, the biggest issue is the fact that my hands are kind of small and dealing with two clips is taking some getting used to. When shooting paper, as in IDPA, I take my eyes off of the paper and look entirely at the gun when I'm doing the mag. change so that it goes smoothly. If I look up and away then I have a habit of flubbing the insert. I haven't found a beveled mag. for a Sig. 220 yet. I would also like to hear of any other tips or helpful hints that deal with competition shooting.

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 8 queries