View Single Post
Old March 8, 2009, 01:29 PM   #2
honkylips

My understanding (i'm not an attorney) is that you can legally declare that you do NOT have an arrest record, however, that record is still available to certain agencies (law enforcement, DA, Probation, etc...), and I would GUESS, that CBI would also have access to that info and can take it into consideration.

Since you had your record expunged, I know you've avioded trouble for at least four years, and that your offense was committed as a juvenile. Both of those things should be taken into consideration by the Sheriff's Department when deciding whether or not to grant your permit.

Here's some other info I found, good luck.

"You should be aware that even if your case is ordered expunged, basic information identifying you and a list of any state and local agencies and officials having contact with you, will be available to a district attorney, local law enforcement agency, and the department of human services. In addition, your record will be available to any judge or probation department for use in any future juvenile or adult sentencing hearing."

For additional information, please review Colorado Revised Statute ยง19-1-306, C.R.S.

Also, see:
http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpExt...0#JD_24-72-308

Page generated in 0.04016 seconds with 8 queries