View Single Post
Old December 27, 2008, 10:00 PM   #1
jclayto

can I borrow your Dillon 650 box?

Ok, Interesting title I know... here is my dilemma...

I agreed about a month ago to purchase a Dillon 650 set up from the brother of a family friend. He lives across the country, so the machine has to ship. I hear he is a bit attentive to detail, but he still has not shipped my 650 because he can not figure out the "Safest" way to package it so that it will not get damaged in shipping. He is so worried about shipping, he was even looking into some sort of "exploding foam" capsules that you place in the box and detonate, and it expands into styrofoam packing. I think this is a little extreme so I turn to you, fellow TFL members to help me figure out how to get this machine.

I havent seen the 650 other than online, but I understand its quite a large machine. Does anyone have the box with packing material that their machine shipped in? I know this sounds crazy, but I would be glad to pay to you to ship your empty box to him, he can ship it to me, and I'll return it back to you. If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how to pack it up? As a last resort, im going to send him to a UPS store, and let them pack it, but they burned me for over $60 in "Fees" to help me pack a small LCD computer screen last year, so I am bitter. The fee did not even include shipping, just their packing fee. I can only imagine what they would charge to pack the Dillon.

BTW I have not paid for the machine yet, so I know no scamming is going on. He is quite insistent that I receive the machine and check it out before I pay him.

Please help me bring a dillon home

Page generated in 0.03325 seconds with 8 queries