View Single Post
Old May 13, 2013, 04:58 PM   #17
Gaerek

Wow, 15 replies and no mention of Cornered Cat...

That's a website by our very own Pax. Incredibly good information, regarding women and guns, including your very issue (as well as many others).

Speaking from experience, it's usually a bad idea for a husband, boyfriend, fiancee, significant other, etc to take their wife, girlfriend, fiancee, significant other, etc to the range for their first firearm experience. I don't want to rag on you, and I commend you for actually getting her out to the range, but if you're not an instructor, it can be very difficult to teach someone like that.

I won't go into all the ins and outs of why this is. But my #1 recommendation is just to get her into a woman's only intro to handguns (or even firearms in general) class. Usually the instructors are women, so it helps newer women feel more comfortable. They know exactly what issues new shooters have with shooting.

My wife was deathly afraid of guns until her friend invited her to take a women's only class. Now, she loves shooting, has her CCW and her own gun. And that was all within about 6 months time (going from deathly afraid to having a gun and CCW).

Page generated in 0.02498 seconds with 8 queries