Thread: Yanks buy AKs
View Single Post
Old August 17, 2012, 09:01 AM   #24
kraigwy

Quote:
are there ANY rifles that come out to play and win with the AR-15s?
Are you asking if any one "wins" using the AR? If thats the question, the answer is yes.

If you're asking if any rifle can compete with the AR, then the answer is NO.

Understand I'm an M14/M1A gun. I've shot the M14/M1A in competition since I started in 1977, been shooting them since I went to basic in 1966. I used it in sniper school and taught sniper schools with the M14 (M21). I got my distinguished badge using the M14/M1A.

I was reluctant to switch but I saw the light. In major High Power matches the M1A is as rare as hen's teeth. In fact it was given its own match at Perry.

I'm not talking Palma Match rifles but service rifles. The ARs beat the records set by the M14s, even in 1000 yard service rifles.

One only needs to walk down the line at any major rifle match and see what's being used.

Minute of Bad Guy???? What is that. Bad guy standing in the open at 50 yards or peeking over the sights of a machine gun at 300 yards? A group of bad guys standing in a road junction at 50 yards or using woman and kids as human shields at 200 yards.

There is, in my opinion, no such thing as "accurate enough", even with my AR's or even my bolt guns, I'm constantly working on trying to make them shoot better, trying to develop more accurate ammo.

One other thing people don't take into account when discussing the AK v. AR.

Put each rifle to your shoulder. Without removing it, with your shooting hand, push the button and drop the magazine and insert another with your other hand. Put the safety on and off using one hand without taking your shooting hand off the pistol grip. Change magazines with out taking your eyes off the sights.

Communist countries didn't flood the third world with AKs because they were the best rifles made, they did it because they are the cheapest.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02169 seconds with 8 queries