View Single Post
Old May 30, 2009, 11:01 PM   #14
bigger hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuTcAsT
No offense guys but, this example is getting quite tiresome, if this is the only situation in 13 years that has pitted street cops against an unfair advantage then I would submit that perhaps the need is not that great.
What's getting REALLY tiresome is this rather regular sniveling about the "militarization of the police." The North Hollywood shootout is hardly the only example of a situation where rifles carried by patrol officers would have been helpful but it was the impetus for many agencies to get such guns. And it was one of the biggest such incidents. Other incidents are over quickly and often with the officer on the losing end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuTcAsT
I have no problem with officers being issued AR-15s as a trunk gun, sometimes a handgun just ain't enough, But, I cannot see the need to issue M-16s to street cops. FA fire should not be that "necessary" for peace officers.
I fail to see much difference. Most of the M-16's that are issued to street officers are set up to fire only on semi-auto. But I see no problem with having the ability to select FA if needed.

What are the objections to this? Why is semi auto OK but FA is not?

Page generated in 0.03924 seconds with 8 queries