View Single Post
Old November 5, 2001, 02:25 AM   #16
Jim March

Kernel came up with a good one on another thread - it seems Brownell's sells the Ruger parts you need to convert a Blackhawk or Vaquero to the Bisley-style grip:

http://www.brownells.com/Product/pro...1&CategoryID=0

To quote Kernel:

"Brownells sells the Bisley Conversion Kit. It contains all the factory Ruger metal parts, the grips you buy separately and are available from half a dozen different manufacturers. Dealer/FFL/C&R costs is approx. $110 blue, $135 stainless.

Brownells also has detail smithing instructions on how to do the conversion. It's not complicated but there are some tricks & tips that make it easier. I don't know if they include those instructions with the kit, and they're not online, but if you called and asked I'm sure they'd send you the Technical Bulliten. -- Kernel"

So far, there doesn't appear to be an aftermarket clone of this grip frame, so the Ruger parts are the only choice.

Now, if I were doing this, I'd see if Brownell's would be willing to sell the frame without hammer and trigger, and then add the Power Custom bits instead. I think Brownell's is also a Power Custom dealer, not certain about that. In any case, the article JoeHatley posted above contains some fairly negative commentary on the quality and roughness of the factory Ruger hammer and trigger, and how tricky the guy found polishing 'em even with a proper jig from Wilson.

Page generated in 0.02580 seconds with 8 queries