View Single Post
Old November 2, 2001, 02:35 PM   #3
bullseyekp

I started shooting IDPA two years ago with a Don Hume leather belt holster. After about 10 months, I bought a Blade-Tech belt holster ($50) and double mag carrier ($50). For me, the kydex construction and straight drop design facilitates faster draws versus the Don Hume which is leather, has a 15 degree cant, and hugs my hip more closely. The kydex also has the advantage of adjustable tension screws.

If I were to buy a new holster, I don't thing it would be a Blade-Tech because their kydex is somewhat thicker than some of the newer ones (Mad Dog, SideArmor, etc).

Since you are just starting out, and assuming that you want something inorganic like kydex, I would try out the new Uncle Mike's kydex holsters. From what I hear, they function very well and the price is right at around $20-$25 each. You might also try Fobus if you want to go really cheap but for the little extra dough, the Uncle Mike's is probably worth it.

My $.02
"The great German poet, Goethe, who also lived through a crisis of freedom, said to his generation: 'What you have inherited from your fathers, earn over again for yourselves or it will not be yours'. We inherited freedom. We seem unaware that freedom has to be remade and re-earned in each generation of man."

--Adlai Stevenson, "Politics and Morality", Saturday Review, February 7, 1959.

Page generated in 0.02396 seconds with 8 queries