View Single Post
Old June 15, 2014, 11:30 AM   #63
Powderman

Quote:
Sadly, the law enforcement profession has learned about these types of mistakes repeatedly and continue to make these mistakes even though they are trained professionals.
Amen, amen and amen!!!!!

You can give someone the best training in the world, but if they don't LEARN and PRACTICE that training, it's useless.

I've seen officers who say, "I qualified, and that's good enough". I've assisted in running our qualification range more than once. And--more than once, I've seen and heard some of our officers ask for a second target exposure on a certain stage--BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T READY. (Really?)

I've seen some officers show up at the range with their carbines that were starting to show RUST because they were left in the vehicle mounts too long.

Or, how about taking a look at the rifles and finding officers carrying them in the vehicles with ONLY TEN ROUNDS OR LESS IN THE MAGAZINE?

We can have the best gear and optics and we can get sent to some of the finest training in the world. But if a person does not have what we call the "warrior mindset"--and the willingness to train, to hone those skills to razor sharpness, it won't do a lick of good.

Now, y'all excuse me, if you would...just qualified two weeks ago with a new duty gun (Sig P227) and I need to go put about 200 rounds downrange.

Semper Paratus, et Vigilo.

Page generated in 0.03217 seconds with 8 queries