View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 08:05 PM   #41
skidder

Quote:
I can understand how a shot over the head of, in front of, between the legs of a bear MIGHT scare it away but just can't see how drawing the gun and "clicking the action" is going to act as any kind of deterrent for bear, wolf, coyote, goldfish, hamster, stuffed animal or predator of any kind that simply has no idea what a gun is. I can see how this may deter a human predator, but a wild animal, get
Well, I had a 2 minute standoff with a big black bear on the top of Keystone Mt near Yaak Montana while hunting. He was in the middle of the trail 30 ft away staring right at me. I yelled at him for a while to move but he would not budge. As soon as I raised my gun and cocked the action he took off.

Animals that have been hunted do know the sound a firearm makes before ignition. Maybe not the "stuffed animals" that you deal with, but the ones in the real world do. Maybe you should get out more and quit practicing on play toys.
Gun permit?? A bread crumb tossed to a sleeping society awoken by the sound of complacency. "They are for your own good", and "you will understand when you see all the lives they save". Yes master, what else will you toss me from your bag of infringements?? Do you want me to roll over and play dead? I do that very well. --skidder

Last edited by skidder; April 17, 2013 at 08:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.04526 seconds with 8 queries