View Single Post
Old January 23, 2013, 09:01 AM   #16
Hoosier_Daddy

My first recent pistol is a "full size" XDm 9 mm. My next was a M&P 9 Pro. I find myself grabbing the M&P first for range time and eventually leaving the XDm home n the bedroom safe. Can't say why but I just prefer the grip an feel of the M&P over the XDm.

I never wanted a Glock, never tried a Glock so I can't compare either to that brand.

When I wanted a compact I went with a M&P 9C rather thn the XDm 9 compact. The trigger wasn't as bad as I was led to believe but it did get better after a couple hundred rounds through it.

Then I wanted a smaller pitol for CC and went with the Walther PPS. I shoot better groups with the M&P 9c than I can with the PPS but the thinner and smaller PPS won me over for cc.

My neighor picked up a M&P 40 S&W Shield last fall. Pretty sweet unit. Too wide or me for cc.

So of my limited experiences I found the M&P in any size felt better in my hand than the others.

One other thing. My wife can barely pull back the slide of the XDm. She can better manage the slide of the M&P 9. The spring is tighter on the XDm. Its no problem for me and you but if there is someone else that will be using yours, best now to think about their abilities.

Page generated in 0.03319 seconds with 8 queries