View Single Post
Old April 2, 2009, 12:30 AM   #3
RAnb

The best ammo is any subsonic that will cycle properly. If you have a choice, then go with what is the most accurate. I use cast 147 grain with 6 grains of Unique for 1050 fps. Even supersonic ammo is not powerful enough to damage the can. The only ways to damage it is to use ammo that tumbles, over heat the can, or shoot it while the can is not properly aligned.

Make sure it is always properly aligned. A baffles strike might only bend the baffles a bit, at worst it will make the guts go down range.

Wet means adding a liquid to the can before shooting. When the liquid (usually water) flashes to vapor, it takes away the latent heat of vaporization, reducing temperature and noise.

I have a form 1 can I made for my Browning HP. I take it apart every few hundred rounds and wipe it down. The cap threads get greased when re-assembled to ensure I can get it apart again. I shoot cast 147 grain bullets, they make a gunky messy. I do not recommend that anyone use cast if they have a sealed can.

I have heard that using a can for a while results in slightly lower noise, but I have no data to support this.

Ranb

Page generated in 0.02516 seconds with 8 queries