View Single Post
Old July 1, 2013, 01:34 PM   #77
JerryM

{JerryM, only when rifles are fired in total free recoil untouched by humans except for a fingertip on their trigger does their inheirant accuracy happen. Rifles hand held against ones shoulder as they lay atop something on a bench top have all the human variables's degrading their accuracy. Nobody shoots hand held rifles as accurate as they do clamped in an unrestricted machine rest.}

I know that, but in the real world of the average hunter sighting in and shooting it makes little difference. Groups fired over a rest or bench do give an indication of the rifle's accuracy.

So the fact that people are not perfect in the shooting is unimportant to assessing the accuracy and suitability for hunting.

I have never had a machine rest, and have not missed one. When my rifle shoot MOA or 1.5 MOA they have done the job in the field.
So why should I care if I don't have a machine rest? I have always been interested in hunting rifles and have not had accuracy problems with my shooting over a bench.

Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Page generated in 0.03689 seconds with 8 queries