View Single Post
Old July 27, 2011, 01:13 PM   #378
CollapCzar

oops

I posted about a S&W 686, error. So many models and calibers that are similar, meant to say S&W 310 night guard, not the 686.

Posts above mention correlation between ammo sales and cost (.380). I imagine many who buy a pocket .380 don't get to the range as often as they might like or should, either from cost or the person who bought a .380 did so just to have/ carry. So ammo doesn't get shot, so then bought frequently enough to drive cost down.

I believe this somewhat proves as to what I'm saying about the .327. The guns in .380 are bought because they are there for the consumer. He or She purchases the gun because it's either what they want or the guy behind the counter sells to them, and then a box of SD ammo to put in it. Not necessarily to practice at the range with.

If there was a gun or selection of guns in .327 a person could purchase in the pocket carry/ lightweight CCW platform, then more would be sold. Guns being sold like .38spl's (for decades) and .380, to me, prove this theory.

Marketing this caliber requires marketing a platform and as of now there is not enough of them for the mainstream consumer to want to pick and choose from.

I now see the difficulties in manufacturing a gun w/ the .327's high pressure. But if 1 could be created to compete w/ a gun like the LC9, then they would have something. I still envision 1 slightly smaller, mainly thinner than a Night Guard. I understand it needs a bbl of reasonable length to perform.

I like this rd, the idea of it, it's ability to chamber those other calibers, and I want one. But if it's going to kick less than a .357 and hold an xtra rd (or 2), then I want it on me all the time.

I'm just saying if there was a gun that shot the .327

Page generated in 0.02554 seconds with 8 queries