View Single Post
Old August 28, 2012, 03:21 PM   #29
aarondhgraham

Oklahoma Senate Bill 1760,,,

Quote:
Senate Bill 1760 amends the Oklahoma Riot Control and Prevention Act to state that “neither the governor nor any official of a municipal or state entity shall prohibit or suspend the sale, ownership, possession, transportation, carrying, transfer and storage of firearms, ammunition and ammunition accessories during a declared state of emergency that are otherwise legal under state law.” The bill would apply to situations where a state of emergency has been declared to deal with a public disorder, disaster, or riot.
My Legal Google-Fu is not strong,,,
I know this passed early votes but I'll be danged if I can find if it is now law.

I think it passed and goes into effect on November 1st,,,
But I am not certain so don't take my word for it.

EDIT: I think I found it.

Quote:
On Wednesday, May 16, Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin signed into law Senate Bill 1760, the Emergency Powers legislation.

Senate Bill 1760, authored by state Senator Anthony Sykes (R-24) and state Representative T.W. Shannon (R-62), passed with overwhelming support in both chambers. As previously reported, this “Emergency Powers” bill is necessary to fill the current gap in the language of the state riot control statute to prevent the banning of ownership, possession or transportation of firearms and ammunition during declared states of emergency. This legislation will go into effect on November 1, 2012.
Aarond

Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)

Page generated in 0.03651 seconds with 8 queries