View Single Post
Old December 17, 2012, 08:31 AM   #16
Magnum Wheel Man

I just traded away a really nice Rem 600... tiger stripe walnut stock, had the plastic trigger guard / magazine floor plate,( unwarped ) & the vent rib ( uncracked )... all good on mine...

mine was in 6mm Remington, & BTW... mine was cock on close ( which I was suprised to find out, when cleaning it up before the trade )... cocking was smooth & easy, better than my custom 93 Mauser...

Quote:
This, in my experience is not quite correct. The warped floorplates (and it is common) is NOT a result of the pressure from the magazine spring. In fact, the mag sping never touches the floorplate. The warped floorplates are the result of someone who did not understand the rifle taking it apart and putting it back together wrong!!!!!
I agree with this, as the magazine box had a little wiggle room in mine, the floor plate could get put back on, where the magazine box was not seated properly, & being plastic, the screws could still be tightened, causing it to warp or crack ( seen them both ways ), also seen alot of them with cracked vent ribs, usually the front 2 screws

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; December 17, 2012 at 08:37 AM.

Page generated in 0.02143 seconds with 8 queries